Wednesday 2 October 2013

Third and final year

Hey everyone,

I just want to reflect back on my time at University, as I start my third and final year of my degree. The past two years of my life have flown by and I have mostly enjoyed every minute!

There have been some hard times with my degree, but it has been (and will be) completely worth it. Photography is my biggest passion in life and I can't wait to finish this year to fully immerse myself in a full-time career.

My first year at University was a bit of a culture shock! My boyfriend and I were living alone for the first time, I had just finished a gap year and had gotten used to not being in education and I finally got to full concentrate on what I wanted to do...Photography!

My favourite project from that year had to be the "Beautiful People" project. I finally managed to get into the studio, (which I loved doing while I was in Sixth Form) and gain more experience and confidence!

One of my beautiful models!

We also completed a project entitled, "Workers" and for this I picked my boyfriend's place of work, the LPAC!




In pretty much a blink the first year was over and then I was onto my second year. This was even better than my first year a University. My lovely boyfriend and I moved into our first proper flat, away from student accommodation and the projects we were given had even more scope to be changed to suit our interests and what we wanted to do after University.

Narrative was the first brief given to us. What a big topic it was! I chose to photograph a narrative based on an abandoned bride. This was probably my biggest challenge to date, as I set a goal pretty high in my head and didn't quite reach it. However this was a good thing, because I learnt from it and will take that on with me into this coming year. 


My complete and utter favourite project so far, has to be the documentary project. I based it all around weddings (and you can find out more about it, if you read back on my blog!) I did well in this project and I am very proud of it. I put a lot of myself into it and so much passion and that paid off!




It truly confirmed to me that wedding photography is what I want to do. Of course I am open to other types of photography (and I will be exploring that this year) but weddings are beautiful, happy and wonderful occasions that I love being a part of.





So that was my first two years of University. I cannot wait to get stuck into my work this year and I am sure it will appear on my blog.

This is the year to push myself. To do big things. To live and breathe photography, because that is what I love.

Georgia X








1 comment:

  1. Oh, sounds amazing. That bridal look is so chic and sober. At one of the local wedding venues, my cousin recently tied the knot and even she picked up the warm colors for entire ceremony. From the wedding theme to couple’s outfits everything was eye catching. Hats off to her imagination as well as choice!

    ReplyDelete