Sunday 28 April 2013

Martin & Clare

Hi everyone,

Today's post is all about Martin & Clare's wedding on the 12th April 2013!

Leading up to their day, I loved Clare's posts on my Facebook Page counting down to their wedding, because this was a wedding I was really looking forward to!


I photographed the final stages of Clare getting ready at their home, before heading over to their ceremony location. And I have to say it was one of the nicest registry offices I have ever been to!


Not only was it beautiful from the outside (and the perfect backdrop for the portraits!) but it was perfect inside too!


Martin and his best man, Matt, waiting for Clare to arrive.


Clare waiting outside the registry office - wondering if she should get driven around again!


Martin waiting for his bride - I love this photograph, not only because Martin looks so happy but reminds me of the music not starting and having to wait a little while before Martin got the first glimpse of Clare.


And finally Martin sees his Bride! I just love this photograph - Martin's face says it all, and Clare..she's so sweet! As soon as she saw Martin she had to try so hard to hold her (happy) tears in! I remember hear her whispering, "Mind the make-up!"


One of my favourite photographs from the ceremony!


Exchange of rings


And of course, the kiss!

The new Mr & Mrs Edwards


Martin and his brother


Clare, her sister and niece 



After the beautiful ceremony, and the family portraits was a few moments for Clare and Martin to be alone (with me photographing!) just to enjoy their time together, being married. I find this is such an important time, because of the whirlwind of guests, congratulations and organisation of family portraits, a tiny bit of time together is just what is needed!





And after the bride and groom portraits it was a short drive to their reception.


This is the first reception that I had photographed within a pub. But it just wasn't any old pub - it was beautiful, full of history, including the low beams (hence the comments that they could have picked a bigger pub and that it was the perfect height for Martin!)

While light was tricky in some parts of the building, the shots next to the windows were just perfect, and below is one of my favourite portraits of Clare.








A beautiful moment during the speeches.

And a congratulations and toast from Clare's father.

Overall I loved photographing Martin and Clare's wedding day. Not only were their family and friends just so lovely and welcoming, Martin and Clare were friendly, kind and so easy to photograph.

Thank you both for letting me photograph your beautiful day.

I wish you all the happiness in the world

Georgia

No comments:

Post a Comment