Tuesday 16 April 2013

Pure

Hi everyone!

Today's post is a selection of the photographs from Pure - I just wanted to say thank you for Gemma for letting me photograph within the boutique! It was literally so perfect for not only my project, but for my friend Amy to try on some beautiful dresses!

Anyway onto my favourite photographs!


I've walked past Pure before while I was home in Norwich and always thought it looked so beautiful! I, obviously, am not getting married (not just yet!) but this was definitely one of the best bridal boutiques I had seen, and I really wanted to be able to have a look around at the beautiful dresses.


So when I knew the subject of my documentary project I began to think of which bridal dress store to pick to ask if I were able to photograph within their store. Pure jumped into my mind, but as I live in Lincoln during term time I had to wait until I was able to go home to Norwich to photograph there!


I called Gemma and we arranged a time for not only me to photograph, but for my lovely friend Amy (Seen above on the left) to try on wedding dresses, as she is engaged! It worked out as a lovely catch up for us, including Nikki (middle) and Bella (right) as we had all gone to sixth form together!


We all had a browse through the dresses and Amy picked which five or so, she wanted to try on. The beauty above is the first one and our reaction was great! We all loved the dress! Even Nikki had a little tear because Amy looked so beautiful in the dress!


I must admit though that this is still my favourite dress that she tried on and after reviewing the photographs of all dresses this one stands out to me the most! So simple, classy and pretty, with just enough detail to make it just stunning!


The next dress she tried on was a beauty too! It had a detachable train - however this one did not button onto the dress, but it tied around her waist with a lovely bow (which can be matched to the colour of the bridesmaid's dresses!) I loved this one, the lace, the detail of the train and the versatility was perfect. The photograph above has to be one of my favourite that I took throughout the whole shoot!


Again this is the same dress as the previous photograph, but from behind to see the train. The dress was paired with a beautiful veil, to match the lace in the dress.


Overall it was such a great experience, not only did I get to see my wonderful friend try on dresses but this will really complete my project!

So thank you again to Pure but also thank you to Amy, Nikki and Bella! I had a wonderful time with you ladies!

And men - if you don't care about dresses then not to worry, Pure also stock a range of suits too!


You'll find these in the Groom Room - complete with comfy chairs!

So that's all for this blog post, I imagine the next one up will be a more in depth look at Clare & Martin's wedding.

See you then,

Georgia

No comments:

Post a Comment